Oct 7, 2013

Lately...

I was planning on making a celebratory 1st of October post, but it appears that the date has snuck up on me and slipped by unnoticed, so this is a little late. Feels strange that it's less than a month until Halloween and I'm not working furiously on props and preparing for the big day. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm scaling back a lot this year. I have this weird constantly-lingering guilt about not doing much propwork or blogging, but otherwise it's been a nice and (mostly) relaxing 10 months.

I'm currently halfway through a two-week school holiday, which has been pretty busy so far. We decided to give my bedroom a complete makeover - painting over the weird blue walls, tearing up the worn and paintstained carpet, shifting and getting rid of furniture... It's brighter now and feels much more clean and spacious. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...



I also did an interview with the awesome Damian of the awesome 'Misadventures of the HalloweeNut' blog several weeks ago as part of his '13 Days of Halloween' series. It was heaps of fun and got published on his blog a few days ago. Click below to check it out:


A huge thanks to Damian - it was fantastic to be a part of this.

6 comments:

  1. Glad to have you onboard, Marrow. The room looks pretty cool, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    Now that it's published I keep noticing spelling errors...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have friends who wrote for October Dreams. It is one of my favorite books. You have great taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really?!

    Which friends? And yeah, I love that book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see some Pumpkin Hollow Jacks, heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's Aloysius on the left and Merlin on the right.

    I still keep the sticker-adorned, goodie-stuffed boxes they came in under my desk... When their Etsy shop reopens I plan to be the first customer.

    ReplyDelete