Oct 31, 2013

Halloween 2013 - Pt III

“And I tell you, it was way, way out in the middle of nowhere. Weren’t no road or path for miles around and yet there they were. Masks and pumpkins and scraps of cloth floating in the breeze. And all of them standing and hanging and waiting in this clearing, like some sort of ritual thing. Like an offering to some unholy god. And then, as the sun went down over that hill, it was like someone held a matchstick up to the gasoline clouds and the sky turned this fiery orange. And at the same time, this horrible ringing sound started in my ears and then the leaves on the ground rose up like a tornado in slow motion and just sort of hovered there in midair. And all of them ghost things hanging from the bare branches turned around and faced me with their hollow eyes in their flat white faces and I was gone. I ain't never run so fast in my life."



11 comments:

  1. Great photos. Like the faded out look. First pic is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the story sends chills up my spine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is fabulous. Keep it up, and you have a great future in the industry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marrow missed your work this year. hope you had good Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. Just seeing if you're still out there, still creating. I was a bit sad to see no posts for 2014. I hope you haven't stopped. I always look forward to your amazing work. Happy haunting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 years and no Marrow. I miss your work.

    ReplyDelete