Mar 1, 2018

Full Circle

So I promised myself that 'Epilogue' was going to be the last post on here, but after such a wonderful warm response to that write-up, I couldn't possibly leave it there... so here we are once again. Hello all!

Since my last post, I've begun and completed my first year at Elam School of Fine Arts. The course started out rather rocky for me, but I found my feet in the second semester when we finally got the chance to embark upon a proper independent project. It was hugely re-energising, and a whole lot of thoughts started to click into place then. So going into second year now, I am hell-bent on materialising as much new work as I can.

And I've been thinking a lot (perhaps too much) about what kind of work I want to be producing. I'm certainly a different person today to the kid who ran The House Of Marrow blog, but the grotesque and macabre continues to find its way into just about everything I create. And I'll forever be sentimental about rolled newspaper ribcages and paper mache corpse skin... so over the holidays I finally gave in to those old urges.

I'm not sure where this falls on the spectrum of yard haunting / prop building, but here it is. A bit of the old and a bit of the new. The House of Marrow 2.0 (or something like that).


I intend to set up some sort of web page to store my work eventually, but until then I'm making like a proper art student and finally putting stuff up on Instagram. So for a weird mix of my creative and personal stuff, you can head over to instagram.com/theodorehs

6 comments:

  1. Awesome to find this post, man!
    Phenomenal piece there, and I look EXTREMELY forward to your future works.
    Been fun keeping in touch with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks again, Rot. I really appreciate the kind words.

    And I too have definitely enjoyed all the chatting and scheming, and simply cannot WAIT to see your work reach even greater Halloween heights this year and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That there IS really cool looking. Lots of great detail and earthy looking.

    Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m not sure what made me check in again, but I’m very glad I did! This piece is fantastic.

    I look forward to seeing what else you create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete