Even the actual blog text was brown. A weird sickly yellowish brown. I still cringe when I think about it.
In May 2011, I (very) briefly tried a new red and black look, with a new header.
I experimented using different colored borders on it, but it still didn't work. It was gone within an hour, and I returned the old look.
In September of 2011, I changed the header and colors for good.
While my sister commented on the font used being 'boring' (apparently 'Garamond' looks like 'Times New Roman'), I felt very much satisfied with the new, more sophisticated look.
Time passed and eventually I got bored of the header. The sideways left eye started to look strange and tacky. I wanted something new. Something exciting. If you're reading this you've probably already noticed the 'something new and exciting' about The House Of Marrow. If not, look for the huge rotting pumpkin that's currently taking up half of your screen. It shouldn't be hard to spot.